Reading and sharing news is a big part of my daily job (thanks Google Reader!) Since I spend so much time keeping up with news and top trends in social media, I thought I may as well share a selected few that could be useful to you all. Below find the stories that made my top news list this week:
- Wildfire 2012 Social Marketing Trend Forecast – Wildfire Marketing. Nicely compiled top trends. Not too many surprises.
- 21 Essential Community Management Practices – Mashable. Great list of tips for all community managers out there.
- Using New Media Tools to Promote Faculty Research – CASE. Great suggestions for those of you promoting research.
- How Pinteresting – CASE. If you want to learn about Pinterest, the new darling of social media read this post
- Likes, Genre, Action – Facebook Introduces Clicks to Action – Brian Solis. You can never stop learning about Facebook. Those guys keep it moving.
- Has Facebook stolen your highered FB page? – Karine Joly. More to add to the mystery of Community Pages.
- Should PR handle highered social media? – Higher Ed Marketing. A question that many of you might face as you structure your social media team.
- Twitter to Censor Content in Certain Countries – Mashable. Given the role of Twitter in the Arab Spring, this is an important development.
- Facebook – The Year of Engagement – Social Media Today. The message is clear: think of how to engage your fans.
- Social Media Etiquette – CISION PR. Always good to remind ourselves if we are doing the right thing.
Hope you enjoyed the list. Let me know below what you would like to see more of.