The Fall 2014 Study Tour will start on Sunday, September 28, 2014 and continue through the evening of Friday, October 3, 2014.
We advise participants to arrive at least a day or two prior to the beginning of the program due to the 9hr difference between San Francisco and Switzerland and the intense week’s program of visits and activities.
We are looking forward to welcoming the following people to this year’s study tour:
- Phillip Funk, Online Manager, ZHAW Gesundheit
- Bernard Lechot, Community Manager, University of Neuchatel
- Maximiliane Okonnek, Web & Digital Media Manager, Library ETH Zurich
- Silvia Ortiz, Marketing & Kommunikation, PR-Redaktorin, FHNW Soziale Arbeit
- Olivia Poisson, Communications Officer, University of Basel
- Jun Sarbach, PR Consultant, ETH Zurich
- Annemarie Schär, Web Editor and Social Media Manager, School of Business FHNW
- Andrea Schweizer, Deputy Head of Communications, Berner Fachhochschule BFH
Follow this list to follow their adventures on Twitter or by using the hashtag #DCSF14.
Business casual (trousers and open collar shirt, no tie or jacket necessary).
The weather in September is mild. However, the weather in the San Francisco Bay Area is a little unpredictable. A light jacket is recommended year round. Check the weather here.
Logistics & Costs
Participants are responsible for making their own travel and accommodation arrangements. However, we want to facilitate travel as much as possible so find below some information regarding hotels. In addition, participants are responsible for their own meals unless when provided for.
We estimate travel and accommodation costs of about $2,700. The fee for attending the study tour is SFR 800.
We have specially negotiated rates with several hotels in San Francisco and will send you more details once you are accepted to participate.