Searchmetrics recently launched their top SEO ranking factors for 2013 supported by a great infographic.
The study revealed that:
2. Brands get a hall pass when it comes to many of the SEO rules that apply to other websites.
3. Social sharing is still important as well positioned URLs have a high number of likes, shares, tweets and plus ones.
4. Good ranking URLs…have more text and a higher number of additional media integrations compared with 2012.
5. Backlinks continue to be one of the most important SEO metrics.
6. On-page factors – such as site speed – do more harm than good when it comes to page ranking