The folks at Marketing Cloud (Radian6) put together a pretty useful webinar, in which the social media teams at Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida and Brock University in Canada shared their best practices and how they are using Radian6 to reach their objectives.
Key takeaways include:
- LinkedIn is the best tool for alumni scouting and research.
- Be aware of best practices outside of your industry. For example, retailers are usually early adopters and innovators and thus good to keep an eye on.
- Respond and communicate also during non-business hours.
- Tailor content to each channel and audience. It’s fine to use the same content, but customize the appearance.
- Be human, which means: don’t auto-post, establish a voice/tone and stick to it, try to engage in the conversations about you, and don’t be afraid to use humor.
Watch the full webinar: